Holders of any of the Faculty’s Diplomas may affiliate to the Faculty.
Affiliating Diplomates have the following benefits:
- regular updates on occupational health and medicine issues, through our electronic newsletter
- authoritative guidance on occupational medicine-related matters such as ethics and good occupational medical practice
- continuing professional development (CPD) through conferences, work groups and briefings
- participation in the Faculty’s CPD scheme which will provide one part of the evidence required for the revalidation portfolio, and (as from 2013) use of the CPD electronic diary
- access to the Faculty’s Responsible Officer, for an additional fee, together with updates on revalidation
- use of members’ room and discounted rate on a meeting room
- opportunities to participate in the work and direction of the Faculty in many ways
- access to the members’ area on the Faculty website
- notice of annual prize and fellowship awards
- a comprehensive review of the Faculty’s work and plans, through the Annual Report
- advance notice of new publications and discounted prices
- the opportunity to subscribe to Occupational and Environmental Medicine, an international peer reviewed journal concerned with areas of current importance in occupational medicine and environmental health issues throughout the world, which the Faculty has adopted as its official journal, at a reduced rate
Such affiliation to Faculty does not, in itself, confer the right to append any postnominals.
Holders of Faculty Diplomas wishing to affiliate should complete and submit the application form.