Election to Honorary Fellowship (conferring the postnominals Hon FFOM) is the Faculty’s way of recognising those outwith the Faculty, and indeed often outwith medicine, who have made an outstanding contribution to the science or practice of occupational medicine. Fellows are given the opportunity of nominating individuals for Honorary Fellowship once in each calendar year. The criteria and nomination process are determined by the Faculty Board.
Admission to Honorary Membership (conferring the postnominals Hon MFOM) closed with effect from May 2005.
Honorary Fellows and Honorary Members have the following benefits:
- regular updates on occupational health and medicine issues, through our electronic newsletter
- authoritative guidance on occupational medicine-related matters such as ethics and good occupational medical practice
- continuing professional development through conferences, work groups and briefings
- access to the Faculty’s Responsible Officer, for an additional fee, together with updates on revalidation
- use of members’ room and discounted rate on a meeting room at the Faculty office
- opportunities to participate in the work and direction of the Faculty in many ways
- access to the members’ area on the Faculty website
- notice of annual prize and fellowship awards
- a comprehensive review of the Faculty’s work and plans, through the Annual Report
- advance notice of new publications and discounted prices
- the opportunity to subscribe to Occupational and Environmental Medicine, an international peer reviewed journal concerned with areas of current importance in occupational medicine and environmental health issues throughout the world, which the Faculty has adopted as its official journal, at a reduced rate