In addition to the core competencies, the Faculty offers advanced skills training on a variety of subjects. This is a flexible series of training days, based on feedback from members about areas that merit more in-depth training. These topics include:
- The role of the GMC in supporting doctors in difficulty
- How does the National Clinical Assessment Service (NCAS) work?
- Advanced communication skills
- Professional boundaries
- ‘MedNet’  – the confidential support service for healthcare professionals in London
- Working closely with employers – HR and Deanery perspectives of good occupational health services
The advanced skills training days are distinct from one another and do not offer a further qualification; they are CPD training days designed to give practical advice that improves our members’ practise.